12 October 2008

Dixie Classic Fair

This past Friday we went to the Dixie Classic Fair out in Winson Salem. We had gone last year and found it to be at least as good as the State Fair, and we weren't disappointed this year. Ben was big enough this year that he could go on almost all of the rides, and he had SO much fun. He loved the funhouses the best, I think. He went in one with a maze of mirrors, and it was too funny watching him try to find his way in.

Here we are together on the Ferris Wheel. Daddy was too freaked out by it to go on, and I have to say, once I was up there I was a little freaked out myself, especially since Ben seemed to have no fear. He just kept trying to look over the edge and lean his head out.
He also used the Ferris Wheel to scope out the other rides, and tell me what else he wanted to go on (which was generally the only stuff he couldn't, like the upside down rides!
The swings were a favorite last year, and this year too. I think he really liked that kid he was sitting next to, too. We could see him chatting as they flew around, and he was showing Ben how to hold his hands up.

By the way, many thanks to the really kind man who gave us an ENTIRE book of ride tickets - Ben would not have been able to go on nearly as many rides without that. It was like all the years of giving away our old tickets have finally paid off. Gotta love karma!

No comments: